Re: SQL*Net for Win95

From: Maria Wolfe <Maria.Wolfe_at_NorfolkVA.ATTGIS.COM>
Date: 1996/01/15

We are running under Windows NT environment and found that the following works without additional files. The big change is the TCP_PORT entry in the oracle.ini file. This must be set according to your database.

Install sqlnet 1
Install TCP/IP adapter 2.0.15.0.4
select windows NT 3.1,3.5 as TCP/IP vendor the oracle.ini file should have two entries TCP_PORT=1527 used to be TCP_SERVICES_FILE=... TCP_VENDOR=WINSOCK Hope this helps.
==========Ray Ontko, 1/13/96==========
I'm trying to get my Windows Oracle apps to run under Win95, and am having trouble finding SQL*Net that works. I have heard that the solution is to download 19 Megabytes of stuff from ftp.oracle.com/pub/www/po7Win95, but this would take DAYS over my link.

Does anyone know what specific files are needed? Does anyone have them?

Ray

Ray Ontko | Ray Ontko & Co | "Ask me about SQR and the WEB." rayo_at_ontko.com | Richmond, In | See us at http://www.ontko.com/ Received on Mon Jan 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message