Re: how to use daemon package

From: Ken Denny <kedenny_at_mail.concentric.net>
Date: 1996/01/15

bc7114915_at_omega.ntu.ac.sg (OLE OLE ....) wrote:
>Hello,
> I am trying to use the daemon package obtained from Oracle to
> execute system command. I want to execute a host command from
> a button in forms 4.5 for windows. How do I define my trigger
> inside the button? I have daemon.exe on the server.
> Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>TTL
Since you have the HOST function in forms, you don't really need the daemon package. But to use it, you will assign a number data item the value DAEMON.EXECUTE_SYSTEM(<system command>); then check the value. 0 means that the command was executed successfully, anything else means that there was an error. Check your forms manual on the builtin HOST function. You'll find it accomplishes the same thing as daemon.

Hope this helps.

Ken Denny
Insight Industries, Inc.
RTP, NC Any opinions expressed are my own and not those of my employer. Received on Mon Jan 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message