Re: Connecting via Scripts

From: Jacek Dobosz <jdob_at_ping.at>
Date: 1996/01/15

DAGMARA_at_news.delphi.com (DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM) wrote:

>I am currently supporting a client who embeds their ORACLE accounts and
>passwords within their UNIX scripts (for all the world to see). It's
>been quite a while since I wrote cron jobs to connect to ORACLE using a
>user account (my world is more or less isolated to SQL*DBA) and I can't
>recall how to do this. Suggestions please! They are using HP-UX UNIX.

>Dagmar Anne Bogan

>Kopania & Komorovsky Specializing in Data Architecture
>Richardson, TX 75081 and Performance Engineering

>dagmara_at_delphi.com

I think, the best solution for connecting sql-scripts that are running in background is auto login. How to do it ?

  1. Create DB-User: "ops$<os-user-name> If you don't like ops$ you can overload it with OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX parameter in ini file.
  2. Login on your UNIX-Box as <os-user-name>
  3. Set ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID and/or TWO_TASK
  4. After successfull login on your operating system you can perform autologin on ORACLE i.e :

sqlplus /

hope this helps

jacek Received on Mon Jan 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message