Experience with Standby databases

From: Elgar the Idiot aka Chris Warwick <cwarwick_at_fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 1996/01/14

I had a chat with the folks at Oracle, about one of our database requirements. They told me what I am trying to do is create a standby database.

Does anyone have experience with doing this, and are willing to relate it to me?

Oracle also mentioned there are third party products that can be added into to Oracle to do this (Oracle won't support it until version 7.3 of the database. Does anyone know of any of there products? Anyone with experience using these products?

Thanks

Its probably best to email me at chris.warwick_at_prior.ca...

--
with standard_disclaimers;