Re: Proc*C 1.3 access oracle 7 database

From: Carlos Augusto Leite Netto <cnetto_at_cps.softex.br>
Date: 1996/01/14

bc7114915_at_omega.ntu.ac.sg (OLE OLE ....) wrote:
>Hello,
> I am using Forms 4.5. I have a C program which will connect to
> database and do some operation. I am using PO7 for windows 3.1
> and I have Oracle 7 on the server. Is it possible to use forms 4.5
> trigger to do a host call to execute the C program? By the way,
>can program compiled using Pro*C for DOS access the oracle 7 database.
> Thanks.

  1. executing C program. Yes: you can execute any .exe program local to you Windows environment.
  2. accessing Oracle7. Yes: your PRO*C program can access the Oracle7 database anyware. You should remember that this PRO*C program will open another connection to Oracle and will see only commited transactions.

BTW, you can avoid using PRO*C if you use Oracle Objects for OLE. I think that Objects for OLE is cheaper than PRO*C.

Regards,

Carlos Netto
cnetto_at_cps.softex.br Received on Sun Jan 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message