Re: How do you name your triggers?

From: PKelley772 <pkelley772_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/01/08

We use the following naming standard:

    <table_name>_<type><when>[_optional whatever]

    e.g.,

   emp_iar - emp table, insert, after each row    emp_ubs - emp table, update, before statement    sku0_ubr_orderable - sku0 table, update, before row,

                                  bearing on the orderable column
   color_ibr_ubr - insert or update, before each row

 We incorporate these names in the names of the sql scripts that we put in

 sccs (version control). It's good to be able to look at a directory full of scripts
 and see this type of information at a glance.

  ls trig_chain_colors_u* -- gives all update triggers for chain_colors   sccs get trig_colors* - gets latest versions of colors table triggers

Similar wildcarding works against the user_triggers view, too.

Paul Received on Mon Jan 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message