Re: What's does oracle have that others don't?

From: EndUser <enduser_at_enduser.com>
Date: 1996/01/08

scalability is what it mostly has, my closet can store up to 50 shoeboxes high, and about 10 wide, and 3 deep. in my estimation, that should let me store up to 30x50 shoeboxes, or about 250 years of taxes using 6 boxes per year. the problem i have is finding a receipt from 1993, June, at the Los Gatos Brewing Co. its a business deduction, and if i can find it, it will pay for my whole shoebox database system.

--

In article <4cr5hj$251_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com>, Jack Jung
<jjung_at_ca.oracle.com> wrote:

> Yes, I currently have all my income tax data in 6 shoe boxes. I'm not sure
> about scalability though. If I have 2 accountants working on my return
will it
> be faster?
>
> enduser_at_enduser.com (EndUser) wrote:
> >i can store data on a shoe box, does that mean its a database too?
> >
> >--
> >
> >In article <graeme-0501962006490001_at_grsmac.uk.pyramid.com>,
> >graeme_at_uk.pyramid.com (Graeme Sargent) wrote:

Foxpro, and Access.