Re: Help! How can I return a result set from a stored procedure.

From: Mark Tomlinson <73125.1040_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/01/08

Maruf Ahmed <muppa1_at_osf1.gmu.edu> wrote:

# Thanks. I am using Visual Basic. Can you give me the syntax of
# accomplishing what you described in VB. Also, any insights on
# how I can do an outer join with a cursor in a stored procedure.
# Thanks.
# :Maruf

You still fail to mention the tool you are using to get to the RDBMS...assuming it is ODBC, you are not going to very happy. There is no easy way to do it with ODBC, (you can in theory do it by using the ODBC API directly, but I have never personally seen it done this way successfully). The best workaround is to dump your result set into a temp table which you then access for the data.   Received on Mon Jan 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message