Re: Runaway SMON process on 7.2.2.3?

From: Vijaya Kumar Nair <vnair_at_ccm.tdsnet.com>
Date: 1996/01/07

Andrew Zitelli wrote:

> -- Andy Zitelli, Silicon Systems, Inc.Hello,

It seems that Reorganizing the entire database is one option. You need to check following things before you start planning reorganizing. a) Has sys owned tables been fragmented extensively ?

    If so, when you recreate new instance, I would suggest, you modify     the sql.bsq available in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory to increase     the storage parameters for sys owned tables. Oracle support will     suggest not to do this, but from practical side, this is the olny     way you can set storage parameters for sys owned tables.

b) Has SGA has been properly set or not? As your application is more

    read and update oriented, I would suggest you calculate this     using the formula given in Admin. Manual.

c) If possible, convert the select statements into procedures and

    packages and PIN the same in shared pool.

Hope these will help.

Best of Luck.

Vijay Nair Received on Sun Jan 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message