Re: RFP College Database Package - Summary

From: Riadh Khairalla <atlas_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1996/01/06

Greetings

Here is a summary of replies to my original post:

SCT Corporation http://www.sctcorp.com of Malvern, Pa. received high ratings from IMS personnel for their product Banner. It is described as a modular package where modules can be purchased individually or in any combination. Modules address various needs of college administration such as student, financial aid, finance, alumni, etc...
Banner is developed in Oracle Forms, operats under UNIX, can run client/ server, has a snappy user interface, an active user community, various online support groups and runs on several platforms. Furthermore, it is currently being used by several hundred educational institutions in the US, Canada, Australia and elsewhere.

CARS Information Systems (CIS) Cincinnati, Oh. http://www.carsinfo.com has college/university administrative software that runs under UNIX using Informix. Two HW platforms it will operate on are: HP 9000 and IBM RISC 6000 series. Their package is currently operational at ~100 colleges and universities.

Another company (American Management Systems) in Alexandris, Va. may have a product that can handle similar tasks.

dalord_at_oanet.com. Has something similar currently being built.

Many thanks to all who replied.

Riadh Khairalla

Original post below: