Re: Forms 4.5 : Viewing any tables

From: Robert C. Nix <rnix_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/04

Jean-Marc LHABITANT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to do a form which can show me the content of any table that I have
> choosen before in a list.
>
> So, I want to create dynamically a multi-record block whith horizontal and
> vertical scroll bar and select all the columns of the table I pass in parameter.
>
> So, how can I do this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jean-Marc

You cannot create the block dynamically.

What you can do (and I have done) is create a one column report that is called from forms. Pass a record group to the report that concatenates all of the columns together into a single column. You have to build the query for the record in forms, populate it and pass if to reports using run_product.

Good luck,

Robert C. Nix
Oracle Tools Support
rnix_at_us.oracle.com

DISCLAIMER:
The thoughts, opinions, remarks, suggestions, ...
expressed herein are my own and in no way should
be taken as a statement from Oracle Corporation.
I am NOT the voice of Oracle (not even close!).