Answer: ORA-03113 & PL/SQL

From: Shan Hemphill <shanh_at_thenews.com>
Date: 1995/12/28

A couple days back, I posted a question regarding my Oracle 7.1.3.3.3 server under Intel/NT dying when any PL/SQL block was executed. I have solved the problem (I think) and will outline the steps to resolve it in hopes that it may help at least one person.

The problem was that when I ran CATPROC.SQL, the Oracle process _died_. In addition, any other PL/SQL block would similarly kill the process.

The first problem was that I was running 7.1.3.3.3. Oracle tech support told me to upgrade to 7.1.3.3.13, which was on their BBS (awful concept in the Internet age.) I did so, and CATPROC.SQL completed without killing the Oracle process, but gave me the error about midway through: DBMS_ STANDARD must be run before (insert procedure name here).

I called Oracle tech support again and was told that there may be a misssing registry key. It was under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / ORACLE The key was:

PLSQL21: REG_EXPAND: C:\ORANT\PLSQL21 -->Path to the Oracle server

                                            PLSQL21 directory

Once done, I ran CATALOG.SQL and CATPROC.SQL (must do CATALOG again) and have had success with PL/SQL blocks since.

Hope this helps someone avoid the problems I have had.

Shan Hemphill
shanh_at_thenews.com
http://www.thenews.com/ Received on Thu Dec 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message