Re: ORA-03121 problem via (Intersolv) ODBC connection setup for NT and WIN95

From: Burton V. Peltier <ep94bvps_at_noh71cd.shell.com>
Date: 1995/12/27

I don't have any problems using ODBC (with Oracle supplied ODBC Driver) and SqlNet 2. I wonder if the problem is that your PATH does not include the $ORACLE_HOME/BIN directory ? I remember the ORAINST saying something about 'your path will need to include the BIN if you plan on using non-oracle applications' . This might explain why Oracle's 'Ping/Nettest' works , but the ODBC access does not.

Good luck.

In article <4bg16m$np7_at_socrate.riq.qc.ca>, staccuc_at_riq.qc.ca (Sylvain Taccucci) writes:
>> DENNIS.HARDJOPRAJITNO_at_ERB.MTS.DEC.COM (Dennis Hardjoprajitno) wrote:
>>
>> >When we try to log onto the remote Oracle7 DBMS, the NT/WIN95 32-bit
>> >ODBC Oracle driver alerts us as follows:

>> >[INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve text
>> >for error ORA-03121

>> >meaning (according to the Rel. 7.1 Messages manual) that no interface driver
>> >has been connected. It thus assumes that the SQL*Net driver is not loaded
>> >on the WIN95/NT desktop.

>> >However, when we issue the same logon request via Oracle's NetTest utility
>> >we get a successful PING result.

>> >Has anybody experienced this with any 32-bit ODBC Oracle driver, and how
>> >may we succeed in getting a connection established ?

>> >We have been using Intersolv's DataDirect ODBC Driver pack Windows NT/WIN95
>> >version v.2.11 GA.
>>
>> I'll check which version of Intersolv ODBC I'm using, but I don't have
>> any problem with SQL*NET 1.1. Perhaps it is related to SQL*NET V.2 I
>> hope not since I'm in the process to move to 2.1! I also got this
>> problem when some setting in the registery were wrong and Intersol
>> couldn't find the Oracle Environment variable giving the PATH to
>> Oracle product!

* Burt Peltier Shell Offshore  ep94bvps_at_shellus.com *
* (504) 588-0179 701 Poydras #1660 New Orleans 70139*