* How to load faster with SQL Loader on NT?

From: edwin rutsch <edwinr_at_wyp.net>
Date: 1995/12/26

We are using SQL Loader with oracle workgroup 7.1 on Windows NT.

 We are trying to load data from a flat file into our database but when we use SQL Loader it only loads 64 records at a time. This is very slow.

On the advanced features of SQL Loader we bump up the Rows per Commit to 1000 from the default of 64 and bump up the
 Minimum Dind Array from the default of 65024 bytes to 1,000,000 or 2,000,000

but when we load it always defaults back to 64 records. Any idea of what can be done to load data faster using SQL Loader?

thanks

edwin

--
        wow      amazing
                   _  ,/|

     go for it                         --- __0
     (*)/ (*)

         Edwin Rutsch             World Yellow Pages Network

 tel:510-524-4495     e-mail:edwinr_at_wyp.net      http://wyp.net