Re: CICS M/F Access From Oracle (digital Unix) <Sqlnet (TCP/IP)>

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corp. <bmanry_at_ibmgate-aix.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/26

Omer Farook Kose-Shahul (721.4992_at_mcimail.com) wrote:
>Is there a way to access mainframe CICS programs
>from Oracle/Digital Unix/sqlnet (tcp/ip). We installed
>SNA Server on Dec Alpha and linked to Mainframe via
>(8 T1 - SDLC) link. Do we need custom made APPC/CPIC
>program which can be called from ORACLE FORMS client or
>is there any third party software/solution available? What
>about SQL connect? Or SQLNET based solutions ?

You can use Oracle's Procedural Gateway for APPC to invoke a CICS transaction program as though it was a (remote) stored procedure. The Gateway runs on your UNIX system and requires a native (not SQL*Net) SNA LU6.2 connection to the CICS host. It also supports calling transaction programs in IMS/TM and other LU6.2-based transaction managers.

Check with your Oracle representative or email me for more information.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  Mainframe and Integration Technologies  -  Oracle Corporation
Standard disclaimer applies.