Re: HELP: How do I run batch programs with Oracle

From: Tony Neff <alvery_at_trends.ca>
Date: 1995/12/24

si002_at_seqeb.gov.au (Simon Inglis) wrote:

>Greetings all,
> I have a simple problem. I need to run some Oracle unix software as
>part of a batch load of an Oracle datbase. To load the database I need to
>run SQL*LOADER. My problem is this: How can I run SQL*LOADER from a shell
>script (cshell) so that my username/password does not appear when an user
>does a "ps -ef"?

Hi there. We have a command availabe called hideargs. The file is located in our ORA_HOME path (sorry, forgot to check where, specifically). I would assume that it was and still is part of the Oracle install (I won't mention what version we're running <g>)

So, all we have to do is issue

hideargs sqlplus username/password ...

and all that will show up on the ps -ef is 'sqlplus'. I have also had no problems combining this with nohup ....

T. Received on Sun Dec 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message