Re: ORA-03121 problem via (Intersolv) ODBC connection setup for NT and WIN95

From: Sylvain Taccucci <staccuc_at_riq.qc.ca>
Date: 1995/12/23

DENNIS.HARDJOPRAJITNO_at_ERB.MTS.DEC.COM (Dennis Hardjoprajitno) wrote:

>When we try to log onto the remote Oracle7 DBMS, the NT/WIN95 32-bit
>ODBC Oracle driver alerts us as follows:

>[INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve text
>for error ORA-03121

>meaning (according to the Rel. 7.1 Messages manual) that no interface driver
>has been connected. It thus assumes that the SQL*Net driver is not loaded
>on the WIN95/NT desktop.

>However, when we issue the same logon request via Oracle's NetTest utility
>we get a successful PING result.

>Has anybody experienced this with any 32-bit ODBC Oracle driver, and how
>may we succeed in getting a connection established ?

>We have been using Intersolv's DataDirect ODBC Driver pack Windows NT/WIN95
>version v.2.11 GA.

I'll check which version of Intersolv ODBC I'm using, but I don't have any problem with SQL*NET 1.1. Perhaps it is related to SQL*NET V.2 I hope not since I'm in the process to move to 2.1! I also got this problem when some setting in the registery were wrong and Intersol couldn't find the Oracle Environment variable giving the PATH to Oracle product! Received on Sat Dec 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message