Re: where is role data stored?

From: Dave Marcus <dmarcus_at_notes.cc.bellcore.com>
Date: 1995/12/20

In article <4aa4st$g3_at_ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>, chuckh_at_ix.netcom.como says...

>I created a role called APPL_ROLE and granted several privileges to
>it: connect, create table, etc. Now I'd like to query the role to see
>what privileges it has but I can't find it anywhere. It's not in
>ROLE_ROLE_PRIVS, ROLE_SYS_PRIVS, or ROLE_TAB_PRIVS. Yet it does show
>up in DBA_ROLES. Where's the specific privileges for this role stored?
>--
>Chuck Hamilton
>chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com
>
>Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!

Check the dba_role_privs to see which users are granted to the role. user = grantee role = granted_role.
check the dba_tab_privs and dba_sys_privs to see what privileges the role has been granted where grantee = role. Received on Wed Dec 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message