Re: Defrag system tablespace

From: Loren Budd <Loren_Budd_at_nt.com>
Date: 1995/12/19

Ken Friday <ken.friday_at_teldta.com> wrote:
>You got it. The base data dictionary tables (owned by sys) are OFF
>LIMITS. If your problem is with non-sys objects (e.g. system owned) you
>can use export/import to move them to another tablespace. It is advisable
>to restrict use of the system tablespace to only those objects owned by
>sys.
>
>Note that one possible exception to the above are the tables associated
>with stored PL/SQL code. Many DBAs move these and re-compile the
>packages, etc.
>
>Ken Friday

Ken,

   I'd like to get more information on your last statement regarding moving system tables out of the system tablespace. Are you referring to the tables that store package, procedure and function source code or the compiled version or both? How do you go about moving these tables from the system tablespace to another tablespace and which tables can be moved?

   Any info would be much appreciated.

Loren Received on Tue Dec 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message