Re: DEFRAG. ORACLE TABLES WITH CONSTRAINTS - (DISABLE OR DROP?)

From: Vijaya Kumar Nair <vnair_at_ccm.tdsnet.com>
Date: 1995/12/16

Charles Crow wrote:

> I am trying to defrag Oracle tables with primary and foreign keys
> constraints with out dropping the constraints.
>
> I would like to EXP the tables to disk; disable the foreign keys;
> drop the tables; IMP the tables; and enable the foreign keys.
> This is not working. I get an ORA-02266 foreign key pointing at primary
> ---etc.
>
> Must I alway drop may constraints ?!?!
>
> Is there away ? What is it?

Hi,

You need to drop the constraints pointing to the table being dropped. This include the foreign key constraints pointing to this table. At present Iam working to generate the required scripts from the dictionary itself. Hopefully, that should be ready in couple of days. If you need more details, please contact me.

Vijay Nair
vnair_at_ccm.tdsnet.com Received on Sat Dec 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message