Re: Hot backups vs. Offline Backups

From: Mick Shadduck <shadduck_at_stbernard.com>
Date: 1995/12/15

Jon Klaren wrote:

> One package that I understand is on the market is St. Bernard's Open
> File Manager. It apparently works with all backup systems from
> ArcServe to Colorado, and will allow them to backup Oracle or any
> other file system even if there are users logged in and making
> changes to the files. We are going to be getting an evaluation copy
> inhouse and see how it works?

Not that I'm biased :) -- I truly WAS a huge skeptic until I started banging on our alpha versions -- but it installed in minutes and works flawlessly on our network. There is a 15-Day Live Trial available on the web and CIS.

 Mick Shadduck, MIS Manager       | mailto:shadduck_at_stbernard.com
 St. Bernard Software             | http://www.stbernard.com
 15175 Innovation Drive           | ftp://ftp.stbernard.com
 619.676.2277 x3011               | CIS: 72420,1611
 619.676.2299 FAX                 |      GO STBERNARD