Re: ODBC to local ORA7W95

From: Sunil Mushran <smushran_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/14

bothapr_at_alpha.unisa.ac.za wrote:

>Subject line says it all. I keep getting a SetConnectOptions error "Driver
>not capable" when I try to connect to a local Oracle W95 database.
>Doesn't matter what I use as client - VB, Access, MSQuery, etc.

>ODBC is installed and connect string is 2:, as per TFM. Tried both SQORA and
>SQORA7 drivers - no luck.

>Come on, people. SOMEBODY must have gotten this right ! Enlighten the less
>fortunate...

>TIA

>Pieter Botha
>bothapr_at_alpha.unisa.ac.za
>University of South Africa Library
><#include <disclaim.std>

The readme in the PO7 Win95 CD addresses this issue. One needs to install the RSF present in the WINDOWS directory in the PO7 Win95 CD. (If you have the beta version, I believe the directory was named ORA16UPD or something to that effect).

Also, it may be better if you get SQORA71.

Hope this helps.

sm Received on Thu Dec 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message