Re: Can Stored Procs return a result query???

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/13

In article <9512111254.AA13381_at_enzomc>, emaini_at_sikorsky.com (Enzo Maini) writes:
|> In General, Oracle Stored Procedures return only a single value. However, If
|> you are using Oracle 7.1 or greater you can use a Package called DBMS_SQL.
|> This will allow to perform Dynamic SQL on the server side and will allow you
|> to return more than one row.

Oracle 7.2 has a much cleaner interface for this - cursor variables. A stored procedure can open the cursor variable for a particular query, and then you fetch from it on the client. You need Pro*C or OCI to use this currently. I would expect VB and Power Builder to implement some sort of support for this in the future.