Re: Oracle Workgroup 2000

From: Michael Toub <tobedude_at_omni.voicenet.com>
Date: 1995/12/13

jonathanci_at_aol.com (JonathanCi) wrote:

>I received the free trial version of the Oracle Workgroup 2000 and tried
>to install the Power objects and the Personal Oracle7 for windows on my
>machine. My machine is now running Windows 97 and apparently the
>Workgroup 2000 that I got does not support it. I do not have an option
>of un installing my windows back to previous version of the windows. Any
>one know how I can make the windows portion of the trial version( the
>power object and the personal oracle) work on Windows 95? I will be very
>grateful for anyone's help. Please e-mail me.

Yes. Try the P07 for Win95 available on Oracle's Web site. Remember to execute the setup.exe under the windows (not window95) directory after you install the P07 for win95. This will enable connection to Power Objects.

Just a hint: setting a path to the ..\..\oracle\bin is really important. If you're running a Novell LAN, you may need to insert a search map "MAP INS S1:=..\..\oracle\bin. Logout, and then log in again.

If you don't see 'oracle' as a database type when you establish a new connection, you've done something wrong. Don't go further.

Feel free to email me if this wasn't clear (it probably wasn't)

Regards,

-Mike Received on Wed Dec 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message