Re: OPO and PO7

From: John Tong <johnt_at_wesd.k12.or.us>
Date: 1995/12/12

JORGE LJUBICH wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do I need any Oracle RDBMS version to run Oracle Power Objects or does
> it provide its own? In this case, is it compatible with any enterprise
> level Oracle RDBMS?power objects includes a tiny single-user database called blaze. it is
suppose to be compatible with other oracle databases.

> Does Oracle Power Objects is available for multiple platforms?
> it runs on win3.1 and mac. os/2 and win95 coming soon.

> Which kind of tools does Oracle Power Objects include?
> there are two versions. a standard version and a client/server version.
 the only difference is that the client/server version contains drivers that'll allow you to connect to the oracle 7.

> Do you believe learning Oracle Power Objects is a good investment?
>the first release of power objects is very buggy. it'll work ok for
small projects. but mid and large apps, forget it, don't even waste your time, at least not with this release. the learning curve is not too bad if you already know basic and vb or delphi or some other similar tools. we wouldn't even have consider it but because we needed a small database for the laptops and ability to run on windows and mac, we didn't have too many options.