Re: www + oracle

From: Kjell Wooding <kwooding_at_ingenia.com>
Date: 1995/12/12

In article <4a9060$p7r_at_sparcserver.lrz-muenchen.de>, dug_at_ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de says...

>Hallo,
>I want to use WWW to submit queries to an Oracle-Database.
>Are there tools for this task?

I can think of a bunch offhand, actually.

First, there's the Oracle Webserver.
You can see their whitepaper on the subject and some technical notes at:

<URL:http://www.oracle.com/mainEvent/webServer/tech.html>

It consists of several products including a web "listener" (basiclly an httpd), a "web agent" (a piece of software that uses the CGI interface to access stored PL/SQL statements), and the Oracle7 RDMBS.

Second, the an oracle-web gateway called WOW (the predecessor to the oracle Webserver).

<URL:http://dozer.us.oracle.com:8080/>

If you're a perl programmer, you can make use of the CGI interface using either oraperl (an extended version of perl4):

<URL:http://dozer.us.oracle.com:8080/ftp/util/perl/FAQ>

or perl5 and the DBI interface:

<URL:http://www.hermetica.com/technologia/DBI/index.html>

hope one of those can help you!

-kj

--
Kjell Wooding                     :  kwooding_at_ingenia.com
Regional Manager, Western Canada  :  Phone: (604)472-6777