HELP: Port C/S Ora 7.2, Forms 4.5 from OpenVMS to Sun

From: Sailesh Thaker <sailesh_at_icons.net>
Date: 1995/12/10

We have a large application currently running on DEC VMS. We are in the process of porting it to a DEC Alphabox server running OpenVMS. The client boxes shall run Windows NT. The toolset is ORACLE RDBMS 7.0, Forms 4.5, Reports and Pro*C (with C userexits). We also have a need to port the same application to Sun Solaris with Windows NT clients. I would assume this only involves a different RDBMS engine with limited impact on our software (except possibly for some C routines). Can anybody who has done this or has any insight please give me a shout. Also if there are any white papers or other applicable items please let me know. Thanks in advance, Sailesh. Received on Sun Dec 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message