Re: Importing Access files into Oracle

From: Guy O. Cox, Jr. <gcox_at_mitre.org>
Date: 1995/12/08

Joshua E Lieberman wrote:

> I am simply using an append query with an attached oracle table, but it is
> pretty slow for tables over ~1mb in size.

I'd also like an expert's opinion on this but it seems to me that when I did the append query out of Access to Oracle the Roll-back Segments Grew like mad. The entire append was treated as a single transaction. There were several times where a lengthy append query would about near the end for failure to extend the roll back segments. I finally partitioned the data to be exported into several smaller sets by specifying a where clasuse on the append query. It at least made it faster to repeat a small section the exportation, rather than the entire table. Received on Fri Dec 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message