Oracle Forms 4.5 and KEY-EXIT Trigger

From: Richard Hanak <rhanak_at_compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: 1995/12/07

Does anyone out there have a bullet-proof, single, generic routine to enhance the KEY-EXIT trigger in Forms 4.5?

I am at a loss to code a single routine to handle all the things that can call the KEY-EXIT trigger to either cancel a query or exit the form. Currently, I have identified the following items in a form that can call the KEY-EXIT trigger (this list assumes a toolbar exists with buttons for cancel query and exit form AND a menu exists with menu items for cancel query and exit form):

     These items should EXIT the form:
	Exit Form Button
	Exit Form Menu Item
	CTRL-Q (when not in ENTER-QUERY Mode)
	Double click on Windows Control Box (upper left)
	ALT-F4

     These items should CANCEL QUERY Mode:
	Cancel Query Button
	Cancel Query Menu Item
	CTRL-Q (When in ENTER-QUERY Mode)

I cannot create a single KEY-EXIT trigger/PL-SQL Program unit to determine which above item called the KEY-EXIT trigger and therefore what function should be executed (exit form or cancel query).

Can *anyone* out there help?

Thanks in advance,

Richard Hanak