Re: Display items in 4.5.6.3.3

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1995/12/07

This may not be your solution, but we found similar behavior on forms which were created on one pc or mac, and then moved to a second for further development.

We found that colors like your 'r55g70b85' may be defined on the first pc, but not on the second. Depends on the video setup of the computer, I believe. The color palette of the original pc is carried along with the .FMB file from one computer to the next.

To solve the problem, do this: create a new canvas in the Designer/Object Navigator by doing a Ctrl-Click-drag of the original canvas. Then select all your blocks and items, and assign them to the new canvas. Delete the old canvas, and rename the new on to the original name. Your new canvas should contain the color palette from the pc you're working on, and the color differences should go away.

(I'm not sure the above will work exactly. Sometimes we create a new form, and drag everything from the old to the new to solve similar problems. Note that this GREATLY reduces the .fmb file size until you generate and save it a second time--I sure wish I knew why.)

Hope this helps.
Steve Cosner