Help: Unix Distributed Database Option

From: Chris Deephouse <cd2j+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 1995/12/07

Anyone

We have run into a problem configuring Oracle on Solaris to work with Transarc's
Encina. Oracle is not bringing up the RECO process, which takes care of incomplete distributed transactions. The 'Distributed Database Option' and the 'XA package' is installed from the CD-ROM. We have (we think) relinked the Oracle executables. DISTRIBUTED_TRANSACTIONS is set to 50.  As we read the documentation, these are the only necessary steps to cause Oracle to bring up the RECO process and respond to distributed update transactions.

What else should we try?

-Chris Received on Thu Dec 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message