Re: outer joins

From: W. van der Deijl <W.van.der.Deijl_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: 1995/12/04

yoosh_at_cs.ualberta.ca (Yoo-Shin Lee) wrote:

>Hi the help on outer joins was appreciated... now is there an easy way
>to do multi-table outer joins? In the case where I'd want a big table
>created from 3 dissimilar ones? I'm considering using a temporary table
Sure I'm willing to help, but I need some more info. For instance the primary keys of the three tables and the foreign keys they have to conenct the three tables.

If you could explain this and say if they ar 1-1 or 1-n relations and if you could state which of the three tables is the most important ("leading") I could try to help. What I mean is that you need one table as a basis for the outer-join. This is the "master"-table which rows have to displayed allways even if there are no "detail"-rows in the other tables.

You can allway contact me via e-mail (maybe that's a bit faster, I check e-mail more often than news)

Bye,
Wilfred
The Netherlands Received on Mon Dec 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message