Q: Nearest Post Office Problem - Any leads?????

From: badri <badri_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1995/12/01

Hi:

        I am faced with a problem siilar to the following:

Given a zipcode, I should show the nearest postoffice. Assume that some zipcodes do not have post offices and so I will have to calcualate the distance between a zipcode and all postoffices nearby to get the closest. One way I think is to get the geographical distance using the earth's radius of curvature, latitude and longitude, etc. This seems to be accurate, but I thought I would save some time if I asked the pros out here whether I have some skeleton program that I can use to start from. I have to eventually implement it in Oracle, but I would start with what I get!

Please let me know of any leads. I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks a lot,

-Badri

p.s: This is not my school project! Received on Fri Dec 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message