Need DBMS_ALERTexamples

From: Jim Dickerson <jimd_at_phoenix.net>
Date: 1995/12/01

I am new to Oracle programming and am trying to use dbms_alert to send data to my application whenever a particular field is updated. The transmission method would be via sockets.

Oracle assures me that this is possible and that "50 people a day " are doing something just like this. But they could only offer me one example of how dbms_alert works.

Would any one of the "50 people a day" who are doing this like to send me some example code of how they got this to work? I would appreciated if very much.

Jim Dickerson
jimd_at_phoenix.net Received on Fri Dec 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message