Re: SYSDATE VS $$DBTIME$$ - UPDATE PROBLEM

From: Craig <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/11/29

Lee,

I could write the procedure that you talk about and have thought about doing just that, I am however looking for the elegant solution that Forms is supposed to be. Another fellow pointed out that the problem with my:

:item := to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MM:SS');

should be:

:item := to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS');

do you think that Issueing four,

:item1 := to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS');
:item2 := to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS');
:item3 := to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS');
:item4 := to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS');

commands, in a WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED trigger is slower than doing it through a procedure, The users will be connected via SQL*NET 2.X over v.34 modems?

Thanks for all the help.

 =

>>Thinking is more interesting than knowing,
>>but less interesting than looking.

Craig Harper                                                                                                                        =

Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking. Received on Wed Nov 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message