HELP with CRONTAB and SQLPLUS

From: Patrick McCarthy <pmccarth_at_rpc.unb.ca>
Date: 1995/11/27

I am running Solaris 2.4 and Oracle 7.1.4. We get customer updates from our accounting system and we place them on an NFS mounted drive. I am attempting to run the following script file from crontab to run sqlplus and do the updates. Unfortunately sqlplus does not seem to run. I know the script run because the file gets moved and stored in an update directory. I have run the script as the root user and it works. What can I do to get it to work from CRONTAB or is it not possible to run sqlplus from a crontab ?

#! /bin/sh

# locate update files and run then with sqlplus and then move the files
# to /updates directory
# This file is run from crontab

   for i in /accounts/LC*.sql
   do

        if [ -s $i ]
                then /opt/oracle/V7/bin/sqlplus / _at_$i
                mv $i /updates/update.`date '+%m.%d.%y_:_%T'`
                sleep 1
        fi

   done

Thanks in advance
Patrick McCarthy
pmccarth_at_rpc.unb.ca Received on Mon Nov 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message