Bachman Terrain for Oracle

From: <flemir_at_inforamp.net>
Date: 1995/11/23

Has anyone evaluated or is currently using the Bachman Terrain for Oracle products? The Bachman Terrain products are modelling and design tools. The product evaluates your design, calculates space requirements, generates DDL, and captures existing Oracle Database information from Unix and creates the physical models.

The Sybase version of the product has been available for about a year and the Oracle version almost 3 months. In my company, we have been using another Bachman product for DB2 design and are now evaluating the Bachman Terrain for Oracle products. Since we are still relatively new using Oracle, we would appreciate hearing experienced Oracle DBA's opinion of this product.

  • Rosemary Fleming *
  • DBA *
  • Toronto Dominion Bank
  • flemir_at_tdbank.ca *