Re: Developer 2000 and Reports 2.5 Performance

From: Bill Norswether <billn_at_mcs.com>
Date: 1995/11/23

In article <48ja90$8n_at_kirin.wwa.com>, sdefilip_at_sashimi.wwa.com says...

>Hi,
>I have a report that was developed using Developer 2000 (Reports 2.5)
>that is running slowly due to the need to format each page. Data access
>is very quick but formatting takes about 1.5 seconds per page for 712
>pages.
>
>Can anyone offer suggestions to make the formatting more efficient?

If you access to Oracle documentation, refer to Chapter 17, "Performance and Tuning" in the Reports Reference Manual. Among other things, it gives tips on optimizing your report layout like: removing any unused frames, making object borders transparent and making non-graphical layout objects ( boilerplate text or fields with text ) fixed in size. These actions reduce the amount of work that Oracle has to do to format a page.

If you don't have a Reports Reference Manual to you, e-mail me and I'll try and encapusulate the info for you.

Bill Norswether, Jr.
billn_at_mcs.com Received on Thu Nov 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message