Re: Input truncated ??

From: <pplewe19_at_iadfw.net>
Date: 1995/11/15

Lee Sobczak <sobl_at_baymont.com> wrote:

> In running SQL*plus scripts, the output is sometimes
> preceded with the following message:
>
> Input truncated to 28 characters.
>

> What does this mean and is there anyway to suppress it ?

This was a difficult question to get answered - Oracle support took two days to get back to me. The fix is to include an extra carriage return at the end of the script file. Without the carriage return, the input is truncated at x characters, based on your last line of info.

The misleading part is that the input truncated message can appear in the middle of your query results - I guess based on when sqlplus finishes reading the script.

Patrick Plewes
pplewe19_at_iadfw.net Received on Wed Nov 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message