Re: ORACLE WEB package; install & Platformm , HELP ?

From: Mark McGuinness <mmcguinn>
Date: 1995/11/13

Hi Henri,

		the version of the WEB package which you pulled is indeed
	only for Solaris. Versions for SunOS and other common Unix variants
	are in the pipeline (Check location where you pulled the tar file
	from for more information). The compiled programs distributed in this
	tar file will only run on Solaris.

	With regard to the port number 8888, this is the port on which the
	web server listens for incoming requests. I assume that the reason it
	is nor set to 80 is to prevent interference where more than one web
	server is running on the same machine. If this is not the case then
	there should be nothing to stop you using port 80 if you wanted to.

					regards

					  Mark

	NOTE The views represented here are mine and do not represent the views
	      of my employer......