Re: Rollback Segments

From: james.mumper <jimm_at_cbnews.cb.att.com>
Date: 1995/11/13

In article <47s87i$5nq_at_toplink1.toplink.net>, Stefan Fallet <stfallet_at_Herrenberg.netsurf.de> wrote:
>I have a problem creating private tablespaces and rollback segments.
>Can anyone explaine to me the step by step procedure required for
>creating a user that has its own rollback segment(needs to be big)
>and its private tablespace. The user should use no other any system
>tablespaces,rollbacks.
>
>Thanks
>
>Stefan Fallet
>
>stfallet_at_herrenberg.netsurf.de

When creating a user, you can establish that users default temp and working tablespace. For example:

create user fred identified by fredpassword default tablespace tools \ temp tablespace temp;

This will allow fred access to the tools tavblespace for creating objects and the temp tablespace for sorting. Further, you can limit fred's use of these tablespaces by using quotas. Refer to the SQL Language Reference Manual "CREATE USER" section.

You can also create a private rollback segment for use only by fred. This rollback segment should be as large as you need it to be and should be called by fred when he issues SQL commands in this manner:

SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT name;

Then, prior to any commit's being issued, fred will use the rollback segment named in the above statement. REMEMBER, it only lasts for the duration of a transaction. Once a commit or rollback statement is issued, the next SQL transaction will use fred's default rbs.

Hope this helps,

Jim Received on Mon Nov 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message