Re: Executing a PL/SQL routine at regular intervels....

From: Richard G Ramirez <ramirez_at_iastate.edu>
Date: 1995/11/09

We are using Oracle 7.1 and we just tried doing the same thing. After we changed INIT.ORA to allow DBMS.JOB to schedule jobs, it created an extra Unix process (one for each job queue), and they used a lot of CPU time (3 min / hr) without a job scheduled. When we scheduled a job (only one) to run once a day, it used up 95% of the CPU time.

The explanation that someone came up with is that it is not supported in 7.1.

We are going to try the "low tech" solution of cron scripts.

Our goal is to capture space and I/O statistics at the end of the day.

Richard

--
Richard G. Ramirez, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor of MIS