Re: Oracle Web Server

From: Jayasree Suryanarayanan <jayasree>
Date: 1995/11/09

Kevin Kelleher <kevink> wrote:
>The best way I've found to get to the Oracle database through
>the website is using oraperl. With just a few lines of code
>you can do whatever you want, write programs as complex as
>you like, with a minimum of effort.
>
>Kevin

However we had a number of problems getting oraperl to work and we couldn't get much help from Oracle either. Basically we had a number of sqlnet V2 connectivity problems in addition to compatibility with different versions of oracle, perl, oraperl ...

Anyway to make the long story short now we use basic Pro*C functions to do the backend queries and use the html forms front end to display them. This seems
to work in our case.

I would be interested in seeing if anyone else has better idea.

Jayasree. Received on Thu Nov 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message