Re: How to delete a column?

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_DaytonOH.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/11/08

create a new table that is identical to the old one but without the column you want to delete and load it from the old table.

	e.g.  create table b
		<column list>
	        as select <columns > from table a;

This will create your table ( less the column ) and load it from the old table. Then drop table a and rename table b to table a.

A lot of rigamarole but about the only way to do this in ORACLE.

HTH
Jim Gregory

>>==========Robert L Carter, 11/7/95==========
>>
>>The title says it all...How do I delete a column??
>>I can insert ... why can't I remove?
>>
>>-Rob

Views and opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect my empoyer's or client's. Received on Wed Nov 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message