Re: Edit sql*plus v3.1

From: Tim King <tking_at_gw.dot.state.ny.us>
Date: 1995/11/08

In article <DHAvBI.IsB_at_eunet.ch>, ra_at_ofisa.ch says...

>pdixon_at_telerama.lm.com wrote:
>
>-I am using SQL*Plus 3.1. When trying to define the editor, whether in
>-the menu or DEFINE _EDITOR=c:\windows\notepad.exe, I keep getting an
>-error message "Editor not defined. Use DEFINE _EDITOR." How can I
>-resolve this? Thank You
>-Peter
>-pdixon_at_telerama.lm.com
>
>-10/24/95
>----

>Hi,
>You should put the value between single quote like this :
>
>define _editor = 'notepad'

I, too, have experienced this problem. Notepad appropriately comes up the first time, but subsequent calls to the editor return the same error message.  I tried putting the editor in quotes (define _editor = 'notepad' in the login.sql script), but with no success. I'm using SQL*Plus 3.1 with MS-Windows 3.1. Any other ideas? Received on Wed Nov 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message