Re: DBMS_JOB fails to schedule job

From: Sridhar Subramaniam <avion_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1995/11/04

Richard,

Hope you've set job_queue_processes and job_queue_interval parameters in your init.ora. Set the job_queue_processes to a value depending on the number of jobs you have scheduled. Job_queue_interval defaults to 60 - this is in seconds - this means that the job queue process wakes up every 1 minute to check/run any scheduled jobs. I 've made this parameter to 3600 ( the max value ), 'cos thats just my requirement.

The script looks okay to me. Pls give more details on the two parameters mentioned above.

--
Cheers

Sridhar Subramaniam
Avion Consulting Services
Sydney - Australia
Email : ssubrama_at_nibucorp.ccdn.otc.com.au / avion_at_ozemail.com.au

Disclaimer : All opinions are truly and just mine.