Re: Forms 4.5 - Reports 2.5 / Add_Parameter-Q

From: JamesF5088 <jamesf5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/11/02

If your adding a text parameter and something inside the string has single quotes you must put 2 single qoutes before adding it to the parameter list. I found this out the hard way. I'm doing the same thing I believe you are.... passing the where clause from forms to reports. If your last query is something like....

    where textfield1 = 'some text' you MUST change it to.....     where textfield1 = ''some text'' with double single quotes. Then in your beforeparamform trigger in reports you'll need to strip the double single quotes back to just one single quote. Don't know if this is your problem but wanted to make you aware of the problem.

Jim Freeman

>I want to send :SYSTEM.LAST_QUERY from Forms to Reports by using a
>parameter list. The first problem is that
>the TEXT_PARAMETER in the ADD_PARAMETER-command is max 255 char. >OK I
 can make some substr-commands
>and have several parameters that I use as lexical parameters in Reports,
 but I >still have some problems with the length