Re: How to change table's owner and tablespace?

From: Mike Morgan <mike.morgan_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1995/11/01

ejuan01_at_solix.fiu.edu (Eddie Hernandez) wrote:
>I would like to change a table's owner and tablespace. I have been given
>the following way to change the owner but have no idea how to input it into
>another tablespace. Any ideas?
>
>exp system/password full=n grants=n owner=developer
>
>imp system/password full=n fromuser=developer touser=newuser
>

>Thanks,

>Eddie Hernandez North Broward Hospital District
>Programmer/Oracle DBA 1608 SE 3rd Avenue
>hernb0_at_nbhd.org Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316

Well...you could revoke newuser's quota on the table's tablespace and set newuser's default tablespace (with quota) to the tablespace where you want the table to end up

or

you could import using the INDEXFILE parameter to create the DDL for the table. Then you could edit the DDL to change the TABLESPACE clause for the CREATE statement for the table. Then you would run the DDL statements to "precreate" your table. Then do your import. Since the table already exists in its new tablespace the import process will not execute the DDL before loaing the data.

Mike Morgan
Technology Integration Services - Unix DBA

email: mike.morgan_at_teldta.com

TDS Computing Services
301 S. Westfield Road
Madison, WI 53705 USA
(608)845-4661

"Murphy's Law of computing: Anything that can go wrSegmentation fault(coredump)"