Re: Pro*C and OCI

From: enduser <enduser_at_enduser.com>
Date: 1995/11/01

Proc*C is a higher level interface and is not buggy. you need to writel lower level code in fear of debugging Pro*C is not warranted. OCI is really appropriate when writing device drivers and other callable routines in support of embedded products where performance is the highest goal, and bit twiddling is necessary for what you are doing. Pro*C is appropriate in almost all other circumstatnce, you shouldnt consider using OCI for ordinary apps that access the database.