Re: In-depth Oracle Statistics Questions

From: FrostyT <frostyt_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/10/26

Thanks for the response. I probably didn't mention it in my questions, but I am already using the ESTIMATE (20%) on my ANALYZE statements. It is simply a very large database. It takes approximately 5 hours to collect the statistics using 20% of the population. Since this is an I/O intensive operation, the 16 cpu machine is not very busy while the ANALYZE is running. I split the 500 ANALYZE statements equally into 10 scripts and plan to run all 10 scripts concurrently. I am assuming the overall timeframe will be reduced significantly to complete the statistics collections. Received on Thu Oct 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message